Summer Reading List
Summer Reading List
HeadTrash: Cleaning out the junk that stands between you and success by Tish Squillaro and Timothy Thomas
The authors explore the thought patterns and emotional tendencies that hinder our ability to respond to business issues in a productive and professional way. Whether you are acting out of; fear, arrogance, insecurity, control, anger, guilt or paranoia, your decision-making process is negatively affected.
The book has a chapter for each of these types of HeadTrash and a checklist to see if your type of thinking falls into that category. The good news from this book is that once you have the self-awareness to admit you have a problem and work diligently to learn how to change your thoughts and behaviours, then your life will improve.
A quick and easy read and while focused on leaders applies to all levels of business.
Get Your Shift Together by Steve Rizzo
The author encourages you during tough times to get into the habit of choosing positive thoughts and speaking empowering words. He suggests focusing on hope, gratitude and seeing the good during adverse times to discover a brighter day.
To deal with the negativity that pervades your mind be aware of the fact that you create your own barriers to happiness. This first step of awareness is followed by liberating yourself from identifying with negative thoughts.
Great questions on helping you disassociate with negativity:
“Does it really help me to run through the same negative scenario and anxious thoughts over and over?”
“What is a more constructive way to view this situation? “
“What will the consequences be if I hold on to this fear, anger, guilt or worry?”
Overall, this book is a very light hearted perspective on changing your thoughts to change your life.
Here’s a few more books for a nice summer day. Enjoy!!
- Advanced Selling Strategies by Brian Tracy
- Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins
- Blue Ocean Strategy – How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant by W. Chan Kim, Renee Mauborgne
- Business By the Book by Larry Burkett
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Unique Ability: Creating the Life You Want by Catherine Nomura, Julia Waller and Shannon Waller
- Succeed on Your Own Terms: Lessons from Top Achievers Around the World on Developing Your Unique Potential by Herb Greenberg and Patrick Sweeney
- Abundance: The Future Is Better Than You Think by Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- Execution: The Discipline of Getting Things Done by Larry Bossidy and Ram Charan
- Socialnomics by Erik Qualman
- Lessons of Experience: How Successful Executives Develop on the Job by Morgan W. McCall, Michael M. Lombardo, Ann M. Morrison
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There by Marshall Goldsmith
- Endless Referrals by Bob Burg
- Don’t Keep Me A Secret by Bill Cates
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less by Richard Koch
It would be appreciated to have your comments on the list and suggest any other great books.